Permanent Cosmetics at Lookworthy
Who doesn’t love to save time? With permanent cosmetics, you can ditch the eyebrow and eyeliner maintenance to save, on average, 20 minutes to your morning routine. That’s an extra 6000 minutes a year. What can you do with that time?
Permanent Cosmetics FAQ
What are permanent cosmetics?
Permanent makeup is specialized cosmetic tattooing. Some of the techniques are referred to as micro-pigmentation, considered permanent because pigment is tattooed into the upper reticular part of the dermal layer of the skin and cannot be washed off. It is long-lasting and will fade with UV exposure and natural skin exfoliation. The beauty of permanent makeup is that it allows you to look your best, 24/7.
Who benefits form permanent cosmetics?
- Those with little time to apply makeup
- People who are allergic to makeup
- Anyone who wants freedom from daily makeup application
- Those who are physically incapable of applying makeup
- Those who have an active lifestyle
- Those with oily skin who tend to shed makeup easily
- Burn survivors and people with flaws in their skin
- Men and women who seek correction of asymmetrical facial features
- Men and women who wish to look their best all of the time!
Will I really look like myself, only better?
Yes. The goal of my design is natural that will help to enhance your beauty. Your permanent makeup will be tailored to blend into your unique skin tone and hair color, while complimenting and enhancing your best features so you look fresher, younger and more polished.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a popular brow technique that also falls under the category of permanent cosmetics. It involves depositing pigment manually in the upper area of the skin via a handheld blade. Nicroblading is best done on individuals who have some natural brow but wish to fill-in thinning patches and achieve an overall improved shape.
Microblading has many advantages, including:
- Eyebrows will look natural. Microblading follows the natural direction of the hair, meaning the end results look incredibly realistic. You will not be able to identify the difference between your real hair and hair from microblading.
- A machine is not used for the procedure which makes microblading more comfortable.
- The pigment used in the microblading technique is thicker. and will prevent the ink to migrate under the skin.
- Microblading is semi-permanent. In the long run, you can change the eyebrow shape easier than an eyebrow tattoo via a machine. Because it’s semi-permanent, however, it does not last as long as other eyebrow techniques because a much smaller amount of pigment is inserted into the skin.
Is the procedure safe?
We care about your comfort and safety. We use the highest sanitation and sterilization standards available, including single use needles/blades. The pigments used in permanent cosmetics have been used in the medical and artistic fields for over 20 years. Their safety record is undisputed.
Does it hurt ?
Everyone’s pain sensitivity varies. Topical anesthetics are used and most experience only minor discomfort during the procedure.
How long does a procedure take ?
The length of the procedures may vary. Most take less than 1 1/2 hours. Some procedures may take more than one visit.
Can I change it ?
Some adjustments can be made to the shape and color, but think of your make-up as permanent. If you want to change your “look” from time to time, topical make-up can be used.
Before & After Gallery by Gemma Chambers, Our Brow Technician
Gemma Chambers is a Professional Makeup Artist with over 20 years experience in the beauty and fashion industry. She’s worked in all prestige beauty brands and has been trained by some of the top professionals in the country. Her career has included traveling the world for major fashion beauty events and working for a variety of clients, ranging from celebrities, models, brides, photographers and individuals. In addition, she has organized and led many master classes to teach makeup and beauty secrets.
Gemma has over 5 years experience providing permanent makeup services. She remains dedicated to staying on top of new techniques in the field of micropigmentation and has trained and received certifications in manual, pencil, and digital machine methods of application. She has done many different and creative techniques that will customize and create the best result for her each client.
- Certified Permanent Makeup Artist
- Certified Microblading Artist
- Certified Eyelash Artist
- Certified Airbrush Artist